Monday, June 16, 2008

Sadness... A Need to Vent

There is much sadness in my heart tonight, and I need to relieve a little of it before I can go to sleep. Many of you know by now of my hubby's great success! I am so proud of him for trudging through a year full of crap to seek better retirement for our family. But alas with great success comes an inevitable PCS move. Yes, we will be on the move again. I can't say I don't harbor alittle excitement, because it will be something new. I'm excited to try something new, visit some place new. But... I'm sad to leave my East Coast home. This is the place where I feel most happy.

Mt life has revolved around the East Coast. The warm sands, and the waves. The crazy Southern people with their drawls. I will miss it. I will miss the comforts of my dearest friends. I know I will make new ones, but nothing beats the ones your known for half your life. :)

This weekend, I walked the house that my parents have owned since I was born. And it saddened me to think it would be some time before I slept in my old room again or ran through the lush grass on the side of the house. I guess my saddest thought is that I might not share all of this with my Mom. She is very sick. And I know we never know what life is going to hand us. I just have many good memories. And they make me smile. I want to be selfish and make millions more. It was hard to leave to come home... I will miss my east coast home. Somehow this will always be the place where my heart will feel the happiest.

No comments: