I have watched a beautifully orchestrated transition occur since we moved up here to DC. When my husband first took his position up here, I had the wonderful opportunity to view the Pentagon in it pre-form. Pre- transformation... As most of you know, the transformation is a post- 9/11 happening starting with the part of the building that was hit by the plane. They have done a wonderful job building the memorial chapel and the new areas.
In our time year, I have seen parts of the building close only to unfold into a beautifully transformed area. Everyone is enjoying their new luxuries. But as time has gone by there is only one section that is due to have a facelift. I love that part of the building. It has the 40's appeal with cool built in book shelves, and latches on doors. Many of the tenants there are probably wishing they had the luxuries of the new areas. It's like stepping through time... I love it! It's also a sad time since it's a time to say good bye to the times of the past. I hate that part! I'm sure it will be captured somewhere in the building. Parts of it in showcases somewhere, but I still love it and it's old freight elevators. I just has an appeal.
I can't wait to see the entire finale, but I'm still saddened at the change. New is not always the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment