Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Fragment #5


Wow! Have I really been doing this for 5 weeks! Go me!!! How exciting!! I'm joining Mrs. 4444 this week and many others (check it out here) for my Friday fragments. If you need a laugh, you have come to the right blog!

Dinner can always entice a good conversation in our house. This week we were talking about allowances, and how M saved all of his money from when he was a kid to buy his first car. The conversation was this:

M: No. I never spent any of my money. I knew what I wanted. I wanted a car when I turned 16, so I saved my money even as a boy as young as you there C.

C: You saved so you could buy the Man Van?

*** The Man Van aka Troop Carrier in other posts is our van. And no, it isn't from the 70's or 80's. We actually bought it when we returned from Europe and our Saturn caught on fire.

M ( slightly deflated): No... No. I didn't own the Man Van. I owned a 1978 Trans Am... With plaid seat covers, and she was a beaut! Let me show you the ride I had when your Mom and Dad were first married.


C: Oh, nice. I'm going to go play now.

M (in a very sad voice): OK


* I started a diet this week in preparation of our summer trip and the many days I will be in a swim suit. At first it was tough, but it's getting better. What I really need to do is break the I'm bored so I'll snack routine. I'm getting better about that by including snacks through out the day and eating less at bigger meals. I'm pretty proud of myself, so stay tuned! :)

* I'm done with my semester, so I am back to volunteering at the boys' school! I love to volunteer there. Kids just make my heart sing! Today, I worked in the Media Center all day. (Media Center=Dye Cuts, laminations, etc) I like the Media Center, but I really like working with the kiddos better... Anyway, I met this lady in there this morning. She was making a sun for one of the classes at her school (We share the media center among all Elementary, Middle and HS in our school district). She was also laminating. She saw that I had a HUGE stack of laminations to do and offered to help me out. I thought that was really awesome give the fact that she had things to do, but knew I was in a hurry and I had picked up extra for other teachers. Some people are just great like that... I think I will pass on a Random Act of Kindness today too!

* Tonight we are celebrating C and B's birthdays at the Bounce House place! They are so excited!!! I feel so disjointed!!! How in the world do you plan anything when no one RSVP's? Hello people, I need a head count for pizza and cake! Only 4 people called... What do I do if only 4 show up??? I still have to pay for 25 at the Bounce House and... My boys will totally be disappointed. :( I'm crossing my fingers and toes that we have more than 4 kids show up.

Stay tuned... Tomorrow is another day!!! Hopefully the rain will stay away and we will have a t-ball game! I like singing, "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." Have a great weekend everyone!!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Is that not the most frustrating thing when people don't RSVP? Hope y'all have a good time!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Ahhh, men and their cars!

Birthdays are not what they used to be- kids are too busy with extra- curricular activities.

Visiting from friday Frags- I'm a new follower!

Mrs4444 said...

I hope you had more than four, but if you didn't, I'm sure the boys had a blast :)

The car talk was pretty cute. Congrats on making the decision to take care of yourself by eating better. Good luck!