Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday Fragments... Saturday Edition

Mommy's Idea

It's better to be fashionably late than to not make sense, and yesterday was so crammed pack that by the end of it, I didn't make much sense! Ha Ha Ha... So here are my Friday Fragments. A little late, but well worth the wait!

Tuesday was meet the new Commander's Wife tea. I really enjoyed the tea, and the company. The new Commander is a 180 from the last Commander which I can neither say is good or bad other than I really like the new Commander's wife! I did have to laugh when K, our FRG (Family Readiness Group) gave me a unit pin. It was wrapped up in a cute little bag with a tag (that at the moment I did not read). When I got home that night, I showed my husband the pin which was still in the little mesh bag, and he read the tag... it said, " Dear Elvira., thank you for all you do for the FRG in supporting our unit. Sincerely, K&J B." M looked at me and said, when did you change your name to Elvira? I guess I got a left over, but at least I was thought about... I think.

Box Top Wednesday has been my thing for almost a year now. While I get excited when we run a Box Tops campaign and we bring in money, I will most certainly be glad when the counting is over for the year and I get a break. Being creative is draining!!!  I am pleased with what we have come in with over the last year, but it's hard to get donations in a military town. If you have any suggestions for a Box Tops competition, I am all ears!!! This is a non-budgeted activity, so all expenses are either donated or paid for by the chair person.

Thursday I had my yearly exam. Oh what a joy, right? I have to admit, I was kind of put off by my doctor this go round... I'm hoping she was just having a bad day or maybe her clientele has changed or something??? I don't know, but I just felt like I wasn't getting options of suggestions. I felt like I had less knowledge then when I left and oh by the way this is what I want you to do. :( I really didn't like that. :(

Friday was career day! Oh my goodness there are so many careers out there!! Wow! I wish they had had career day when I was in elementary and middle school. There were engineers and doctors, a street light repair man, K9 dog trainers, bucket truck operators, flight attendants, nurses, Army guys, street repair guys, electricians, building designers, tank builders, ranger operators.... It was awesome!  It was a lot of work too!!! I was a runner, so I ran drinks to the displays outside, ran the hospitality room, and made sure people were checked in. I also presented my own career from when I was in the Textile field. It was amazing, but by the end of the day, I was beat!  I think the counselors at the school did a FANTASTIC job!! I can't wait until next year!!!

And last, but certainly not least... M had to have "the conversation" with C about the changes he is beginning to undergo and notice and how it will be evolving over the next several years. I really begged M to do this without me being there as I thought C would be embarrassed. Oh no! I am SO GLAD I COULD SHARE IN THIS CONVERSATION.... Here is how it went down:

M: C, you will be experiencing lots of changes over the next several years. Up until you are 16-ish at least. All of it is normal... Completely normal, and if you have any questions, please come to me. Don't be ashamed. I will answer any questions you might have. One change you will experience is getting hair all over your body.

C: Hair?

M: Yep, all over your body in places that you don't have hair on even.

C: Will I get hair like you?

M: Yes, just like me.

C: Does that mean I will grow hair up my nose too? Just like you? Because I really don't want hair up my nose!



Me: You know, I never really noticed your nose hairs before, so you are good. I'm glad you included me in this conversation.

C: Can I go now?

M: Sure. You can go. I love you.

C: I love you too. Thanks for our talk. I have a lot to consider!

Ah... What a way to end the week!!!

I hope you had a wonderful week too!!! See you next week!

2 comments:

Doreen McGettigan said...

Happy FF! I am a bit late also but do have a really good excuse! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a positive week! Stop over and say hi if you get a chance!

Mrs4444 said...

The "nose hair" talk is awesome. Love it!